In the recent years, the government of Uzbekistan has been paying significant attention to developing and promoting tourism in Uzbekistan worldwide. The measures in this regard cover reaching new international agreements on cooperation in the tourism field, creating and applying modern conveniences for tourists visiting Uzbekistan, designing new tourist destinations in Uzbekistan, and opening new high-class and luxury hotels in Tashkent and other historical cities of Uzbekistan, including Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva.
Advertising and promoting the tourism products of Uzbekistan in the international market by using well-known international media channels, famous bloggers' social media and YouTube channels, participating in international tourism fairs & exhibitions and organizing global events representing the rich historical and cultural heritage of Uzbekistan to an international audience, and exchange of experience with neighboring and other countries are also amongst such efforts and activities.
One of such agreements on cooperation was signed recently with Azerbaijan, on 20 June. The Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Heritage of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the State Tourism Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Tashkent signed a new document on cooperation in the field of tourism between the countries.
Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan signed a program of cooperation in the field of tourism for 2022. The new agreement was reached as a part of the official visit of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev to Uzbekistan.
The document was signed by the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Tourism and Cultural Heritage of the Republic of Uzbekistan Aziz Abdukhakimov and Chairman of the State Tourism Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan Fuad Nagiyev.
According to the new program on cooperation, Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan will be cooperating in the following areas:
- Organization of promotional events "Travel to Uzbekistan" and "Travel to Azerbaijan" in major cities of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan;
- Organization of travel fairs with the participation of representatives of travel companies of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan on the territory of both countries;
- Placement of advertising materials about the tourism potential of the two countries, organization of filming programs of popular TV channels of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan;
- Exchange of experience between representatives and experts of the tourism sector and educational institutions of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan in the field of tourism;
- Organization of tourism days in Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan (presentation of culture, gastronomy and tourism potential of countries);
- Design and development of new tourist routes and destinations for Uzbek and Azerbaijani travelers in Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan.
The abovementioned measures in the agenda within the framework of the new agreement of cooperation in the tourism sector between Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan are aimed at developing the tourism sector in both countries and increasing the number of tourist exchanges between the countries.