Visa Free Nationals
Citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova Russia, and Ukraine DO NOT NEED A VISA to enter the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Visa Nationals that DO NOT need LOI
VISA SUPPORT/LOI (LETTER OF INVITATION) IS NOT REQUIRED for nationals of Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Malaysia, Thailand, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom. Passport holders of these countries apply for tourist visa directly at Uzbekistan diplomatic missions. However, LOI might be requested if an application is submitted outside of the country of citizenship.
Uzbekistan Visa Support / Letter of Invitation (LOI)
Citizens of all other countries need a letter of invitation from a tour company to be able to apply for a visa at the Uzbek embassy. Getting an Uzbekistan tourist visa is a 2 step process. First, you will need to get an official letter of invitation from a company authorized by the Ministry of Tourism (Uzbekturizm) and the Ministry of foreign affairs. Then you will need to take this invitation along with the application form and two passport size photos and an original of your passport to the Uzbekistan Consulate in order to have your visa processed and stamped. All travelers, even those simply transiting Uzbekistan for less than 72 hours, must obtain an Uzbek visa before travelling to Uzbekistan. If you plan an overnight stay or have a long layover, you will need a visa to exit the transit lounge of the airport.
You can apply for a letter of invitation through our company. Processing time is 7 to 10 working days. Express processing is available (3-4 working days) for an extra 10$, but a double consular fee will be charged at the embassy.
LOI for citizens of China and India is provided only when they purchase a tour or book hotels for the whole period of their travel in Uzbekistan. Unfortunately, no LOI is possible for Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh and all African continent (except South Africa) citizens due to frequent rejections from MFA.
The cost of Visa Support (LOI):
- 70$ for visa up to 15 days
- 95$ for visa up to 30 days
- Free of charge if you purchase a tour package with us (The minimum package should include hotel booking, domestic airline/train tickets, car transfers, and one city tour)
- 10$ extra charge for express service (plus double consular fee at the embassy) 3-4 days.
- 10$ for each additional entry (double or triple entry visa)
- Children under 12 – half price!
Visa at the Airport
It is possible to obtain a visa at the international arrivals lounge of Tashkent International Airport, if both of the following conditions are met:
- There is no Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate in the country, where you are originating your flight to Uzbekistan;
- Connecting flight to Uzbekistan, in the country where Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate exists, does not provide enough time to obtain a visa.
To get visa support (LOI) please follow the steps:
- Fill in Visa Support request form;
- Book a tour package if needed;
- Email us a good quality scan of your passport (photopage only that clearly shows all text, photo, signature, bar code);
- Email us a scan of a letter with the company seal from your employer confirming your employment and position (retired and housewives do not need to provide a letter);
- Flight tickets itinerary or flight reservation form (required only if visa is to be obtained upon arrival at Tashkent International Airport). See paragraph above
Based on this information we prepare a visa support application and submit it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tashkent. Ministry reviews the application for seven business days (expedited procedure takes three business days)
The approved visa support is faxed directly to the Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the country where the traveler is receiving the Uzbekistan travel visa.
We also will send you a scan of LOI with Telex number. You can then visit the embassy and collect tourist visa after submitting application form (evisa.mfa.uz), two passport size photos and paying consular fee.
Visa application requirements (at the embassy)
- Uzbek invitation letter (LOI);
- Valid passport;
- Complete an application form downloadable at evisa.mfa.uz (the form is valid for all Uzbekistan Embassies)
- 2 passport-size photos;
- Fee, payable on collection of visa;
- Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if applying by post.
NB: Travel around Uzbekistan by rail or land sometimes requires brief exits into neighboring countries. Travelers should have a multiple entry Uzbek visa and proper visas for the neighboring countries in order to avoid delays in travel. Please check your itinerary.