The architecture of the Tashkent Metro is one of the most beautiful in the world, and it is a traditional destination for tourists and guests...
Travel to Termez – the remote city in the south of Uzbekistan, located on the right bank of Amu Darya River, natural border between Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. During this 2-Day cultural tour you will visit archaeological sites of centuries old Buddhist monastery complexes, see impressive Islamic heritage of the region, and enjoy the views of Surkhan Oasis.
Transfer to local airport for morning flight to Termez (661 km, 2 h.). Upon arrival you will be met by your driver and guide. Start sightseeing in ancient Buddhist center and one of the oldest cities in Central Asia – Termez. Visit Kokildor-Ota Khanaka, Fortress Kyrk-Kyz – a summer residence of Samani rulers, Sultan Saodat Ensemble, and Zurmala – Buddha's stupa. Continue to Buddhist archaeological sites of Kara-Tepe*, Fayaz-Tepe and Mausoleum of Al-Hakim at-Termezi. Free time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
*Visit to Kara-Tepe is subject to approval by the State Border Committee.
Check-out from the hotel till noon. Continue guided tour in Termez. Drive north-east to see Kampyr-Tepe – Greco-Bactrian Kingdom fortress (35 km, 1 h.). Then visit Jarkurgan Minaret (30 km, 50 min.). Drive back to Termez, on the way enjoy views of Surkhan oasis and Friendship Bridge, which connects Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. Visit Archaeology Museum to explore exhibits discovered on the territory of Termez and its surroundings. In the evening transfer to the airport for flight to Tashkent. Upon arrival transfer to hotel/private residence. End of the tour.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
3 star hotels
4-5 star hotels
if you are a solo traveler but would like to join a group tour (if there is any) to cut down on cost please do let us know
3 star hotels
5 star hotels
|N of nights|
Hotels will be booked based on availability
- Transport service on comfortable tourist class vehicle (a certain type of vehicle is provided depending on the group size);
- Double/twin & Single sharing accommodation in the hotels with full breakfast;
- English speaking guide accompanying you during the entire itinerary;
- Entrance tickets to the museums, mausoleums and other sights ;
- FREE HUGS.
- Consular fees for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- Fees for the use of cameras and videos in the monuments and tourist sites;
- Alcohol drinks;
- Personal items;
- Full board (lunch and dinner);
- Charges in hotels for additional services;
- Travel insurance;
- Economy class tickets for domestic flight Tashkent-Termez-Tashkent.