We invite you to go with us to the wilderness area. The land where the mountain slopes are covered with hundreds and thousands of dense forests hectares, there are vast meadows of flowers, crystal clear sais are flowing and the deepest canyons lie. You will be amazed by the flora and fauna of these places. Huge peaks, stretching almost 4 km into the sky, cover this region from strong winds and heat inherent in the nature of Central Asia. Here, even in summer you can feel the cool breath of glaciers. You will not see such beauty anywhere else.
Every day interesting tracks are waiting for you, when you can get acquainted with the beauty of these places and feel the power of nature. This trip is suitable for everyone. We organize intensive hiking with climbing and trekking for more hardy participants. For those wishing to improve their health and nerves far from civilization in the heart of the dense forest, every day there will be unchallenging walk. Thanks to the unique location of the camp in the “singing forest” your tents will always be in the shade, which will allow you to relax during the day.
19:40 – Departure by train Tashkent - Baysun (10 hour trip, can be substituted by Tashkent-Termez flight)
- Meeting at the railway station, transfer to the guesthouse. You can bathe and relax a bit after the train. Here you will be offered a delicious, environmentally friendly national breakfast on the couch. All local products are grown with love and care. Honey is collected in the mountains, seasonal fruits are also grown on the slopes of Baysuntau.
- Start of the tour:
- Darband Gorge – “Derbent” or “Darband” is translated from Tajik language as "closed door". One of the most important caravan routes connecting Sogdiana and India passed through this gorge, and the inhabitants of this village were responsible for the protection of this way, thus the historical past affected the name of the gorge.
- Khodjimoy-Ota is a sacred place for the residents of Surkhandarya area. It is a burial place of the Saint located on one of the sides of the gorge. Nearby there is a cave with the underground lake, which is home to fish. Fish are considered Holy here, and no one tries to catch or eat them. Located in the depths of the Derbent Gorge, the shrine is surrounded by huge vertical rocks on all sides.
- Kaptarkhona (Dovecote) Canyon - once a very wild canyon, where wild pigeons were nesting, thus caused such name for this area. It consists of quaint turns, narrow gorges, stones and boulders scattered in the middle of a narrow path. It is a very picturesque place, especially in spring.
- Lunch. Lunch boxes (menu is discussed depending on the preferences of the group).
- Transfer to the Camp No. 1.
- Dinner. Overnight.
- Camp gathering. Transition to the camp No. 2. The transition itself is a small adventure - you have to descent from the mountain to the valley, where we shall visit the shepherds campsites and be little acquainted with their way of life. Next, we will be engaged in the transition by the "shelves" (narrow path) over the cliff to our next camp, which is located on the edge of the forest. Distance (~5 km, ~2 hours).
- After lunch, you will have a track to the spur ahead of you to check the area.
Today we will have a fascinating journey to the canyon. First, we will visit the karst waterfall, located at the bottom of the gorge. Do not forget to bring spare shoes, because part of the way we shall travel on the water. A huge waterfall escaping from the depths of the caves, ice water, myriads of splashes and very beautiful and wild nature will not leave anyone indifferent. Then there will be the track along the left side of the canyon, from the top of which we will see the worlds lost from the human view. Canyon going up for many kilometers, thanks to its unique structure was able to save the huge forests hidden in its winding labyrinths.
For hardy group (group No. 1) – climbing to one of the three-thousand meters mountain of Baysuntau massif. The transition will take ~ 16 hours in both directions, but the whole complexity of the rise will be compensated by unearthly views, opening from the top of the vertical rock having the height of more than 500 m, and by feeling of complete freedom.
The second group – we offer you a simple track to the karst plateau.
- Return to Baysun. We will return to the guesthouse we stayed the first day. Here you can bathe and relax a little. After lunch, we’ll have a trip to Kyzyl canyon.
- Kyzyl canyon–one of the wonders of nature. It is the unique natural object, stretching for more than 30 km, and consists of many gorges. Weathering and water gave the canyon a very bizarre shape.
- Gala dinner and departure to the railway station.
- Departure to Tashkent (or another city).
- Arrival in Tashkent / another city.
Price per person
- Transport by private vehicle,
- Train tickets Tashkent-Baysun-Tashkent,
- Escorting guide,
- Accommodation on shared basis (Baysun – guesthouse, Camp – tents)
- Cook services,
- Porter services,
- Camping gear (tents, kitchen utensils, sleeping pads)
- Meals (breakfast, dinner, lunch, lunch boxes, water)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Operate from May till August
- Best time: May – end of June
- Need to book in advance
- Trains can be substituted by flights (extra fee)