The architecture of the Tashkent Metro is one of the most beautiful in the world, and it is a traditional destination for tourists and guests...
A 2-Day adventure tour to Aral Sea, located at the boundary of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. As far back as half a century it was a closed salt-water lake, the Aral Sea was in 4th place on the area among the lakes of the world. Nearly 60,000 tons of fish were harvested annually in the Aral Sea. The region’s life was flourishing. In 1960s "Cotton race" required a large amount of water. From feeding the Aral Amudarya and Syrdarya rivers a huge number of channels were dug for cotton fields irrigation. As a result, from 1961 to 1995, the sea level has dropped by 17 meters and the shoreline has receded by 100-150 km. Now the area became a desert, covered with alkali soils and dried seaweeds, abandoned fishing settlements. The Martian landscape with a graveyard of ships is a silent witness to the terrible ecologic tragedy. Along the way we will experience the nomadic lifestyle and stay in a traditional felt yurt.
- Yurt stay - Sample nomadic life with an overnight in a traditional felt tent
- Ustyurt Plateau - Discover the Ustyurt Plateau that is the most mysterious and least researched destination in Uzbekistan
- Sudochie Lakes - stop at It is one of the most ecologically intact zones of the Amudariya river delta and a key location for the preservation and maintenance of the biodiversity of the region. The lakes support many breeding waterbird species including rare and disappearing species, all using the Western-Asian migratory route.
- Aral Sea – witness contrasting landscapes of extinct sea and miracles of nature, that has become a victim of the human madness and breathtaking scenery of new Aral Kum desert
- Ships cemetery - you will drive on the dried seabed of the Aral that once was the 4th largest sea and visit the "ships cemetery"
- Moynaq - wander around Moynaq ship graveyard that is literally a ghost town in the middle of the desert.
Departure from Nukus at 8 am in the morning, to discover the Usturt Plateau and Aral Sea life. Pass via Kungrad district which used to be one of the trading centers on the Silk Road. Continue to the Usturt Plateau. Stop at the Lake Sudochie, have picnic lunch. Visit the fishermen’s house, old fish factory Urga. On the way visit the former Light House, see the settlement of the gas plant. Visit airport on Usturt Plateau. Stop to take pictures of beautiful canyons and the collapsed land. Arrive to the Aral Sea. Have a walk (1 hour) from the camping ground to the nearby Kurgancha-Kala – an old caravan sarai hidden in the hills of the Usturt. Dinner. Overnight in the yurt.
Early wake up to take pictures of sunrise. Breakfast. Transfer to Muynak village, which is known as "cemetery of ships” nowadays. Drive on the dried bottom of the sea, pass the gas towers, arrive to Uchsai – Gas Plant. Lunch at the guesthouse in Muynak. Visit the Ships’ Graveyard, local museum, watch the short video about Muynak life at the museum. Drive to Khodjeli city to visit Mizdak-Khan architectural complex of the XIV C and Gyaur Qala ruins that was destroyed by Genghis Khan. Arrive in Nukus around 5 pm.
Maximum capacity for one car is 4 pax.
- English speaking guide accompanying you during the entire itinerary;
- Transportation 4x4 (Toyota Land Cruiser) ;
- Yurt stay;
- Meals ;
- FREE HUGS.
- Alcohol drinks;
- Personal items.